Building Permits & Inspections
Development Services is your one-stop shop for information and services related to the construction and development process in Liberty Hill.
A Building Permit is required for any construction which physically changes or adds structures to the property.
Building can begin once a building permit is issued. The building permit expires after 180 days unless construction continues or an extension is granted.
Types of Permits
- Commercial Building Permit
- Residential Building Permit
- Irrigation Permit
- Events Permit
- Mobile Food Vendor Permit
- Peddlers & Solicitors Permit
- Sign Permit - Signage Guidelines
- Wastewater Connection/Development Fee
When do I need a Building Permit?
Some projects that require permits include, but are not limited to:
- New buildings:
- Storage Sheds
- Arbors, etc.
- Swimming pools and spas/hot tubs
- Alterations or remodeling:
- Electrical wiring
- Installing or replacing heating and/or air condition equipment
- Moving or demolishing buildings
- Changing use of the structure
- Installing or replacing a water heater
- Installing or replacing a water softener Installing irrigation systems Installing solar panels
Projects that do not require permits include, but are not limited to:
- House Painting
- Non-structural Roof Covering
Current Building Codes
- 2017 National Electric Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2021 International Fire Code
MyPermitNow (Online Permit Application System)
Users will have the ability to:
- Apply Online for Permits (i.e. Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Fences, etc.)
- Pay Fees Online
- Submit Plans and Documents "Paperless" in PDF Format
- Track Application Progress up to Permit Issuance
- View and Print Copies of Review Comment Letters
- View and Print Copies of Approved Building Plans
- Request Inspections Online
- View and Print Completed Inspection Reports
- Receive Real-Time E-mail or Telephone Call Notifications When an Inspection is Completed
When requesting inspections online, the policy will remain that you must submit your inspection request prior to 3:00 PM to have an inspection performed the next business day. Our inspectors will enter inspection results in the field to ensure you will receive your inspection result via e-mail or through the customer portal in near real-time.
If further assistance is needed pertaining to the use of the MyPermitNow software, please call the technical support line at 1-866-957-3764, option 1 for assistance. The MyPermitNow agents are available to assist with any software related questions.