Offenses that may be dismissed within 20 business days of your violation:
- Expired motor vehicle registration: Must renew and present proof of renewal within 20 business days of the violations. The renewal receipt must indicate that you paid the late penalty fee to the County tax assessor. $20.00 dismissal fee will be due the court if your renewal is done in a timely manner and presented to court, otherwise the fine amount of $181.00 is due by court appearance date.
- Fail to Display Drivers' License: Dismissable upon providing proof to the court of a valid drivers' license at the time of the offense & pay the $10.00 administrative fee.
- Expired Drivers' License: Must renew and provide proof to the Court within 20 business days of the violation and pay the $20.00 administrative fee or you may pay the fine amount of $181.00.
- Fail to Report Change of Address: Must remedy and provide proof to the court within 20 business days and pay the $20.00 administrative fee or you may pay the full fine amount of $214.00.
- Fail to Maintain Financial Responsibility (FTMFR): This may be dismissed upon proof provided to the court by appearance date that the driver was insured at the time of the stop. Sending a copy of your insurance card or policy is NOT sufficient for dismissal. Verification must be sent to the court from your insurance carrier (this may be faxed to 512-778-5418) indicating the liability coverage was in effect on the date, time and vehicle alleged on the citation.